Sunday, May 31, 2009

Perlis Open Woman Tour

First stage result total of 80km
4th placing on first stage
After 3weeks of training and an intense week of work last week .Perlis Open race finally started for me and ended today. The first stage I admit wasnt easy due to lack of training. I was stuck in between the bunch and have to move around quite a bit before i reached the finish line. At about 50m to ending i realised I was most infront..I was so happy...but just before reaching...3people over took me..how sad..ended up third thought there isnt a prize for 4th but there is....so thank you. This pays off my bus ticket from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur.
Stage 2 of the race was a 74.9km with the average speed of 35kmph. There was quite a few breakaway attempts. One break which had a few of every strong riders in it. There was no Selangor but..the team i ride for. I realised that I have to start chasing....i worked with Kazakhstan and we started chasing...though they had 1 rider in the break they did work coz i think that was not their sprinter on the front!!!.....close to the front group everyone stopped working, i attacked and caught up with breakaway group continue riding with breakaway group for about...more than 5km...and finally slowed down all exausted and back to main group..
ending bunch sprint was up front about 500m to go no where to hide...i turned out..11@12...aint good that morning. This was the day we had to wear walkie talkies omg...couldnt stand it,...every small thing they would speak..i plugged it off after 10km...too noisy make me loose my concentration.
Had lunch then rode back and 1hour of nap before afternoons criterium...
3rd stage was the criterium with total of 49.5km and 3.3km per lap...with 1 neutral lap. I tried the first sprint didnt manage to gain any points.rigth after the first lap after the corner i broke off from the group solo....it wasnt easy at first as they were chasing....but after a while they stoped .However going into the 3rd lap ,sprint lap the group was about 100m behind me..I slowed down but they dont seem to catch up....i realised..that i broke away alone for 2 laps and going into te group means i get nothing at all!!! I got focused and continue riding as hard as i can...even after the sprint they werent around...so i just rode and rode....till reaching the next lap i turned back and saw 5riders chasing... I joined into that group. 2vietnames from a same team,1 another team,1 kazakhstan ,1kedai(Maziah) and me....we did speedwork to maintain the pace so the rest behind would not catch up...
2nd sprint i couldnt sprint anymore due to lack of training my quads were pulling....I had to stay on light gear....and take it easy...sit sprinting. 3rd sprint even worse got 3rd and last sprint got nothing..i was in the bunch except that i was not on the firs few...they counted me as 3seconds behind....weird....real weird msia commisaires...
I immediately took prize and rode back...showered and ready to board the bus...all for one reason. To go for Navy interview....I did the test of 2.4km which is 6laps of 400m with the time of 12mins and 35sec..isnt fast..but 3hours of sleep,after racing, under the noon sun....hmm
I think i passed all the test but this is fulltime navy with 10years contract...
omg thats long...i thought this was Kerahan or Simpanan which means..part-time....
no recruit needed..turned out..hmm...
Well i gave my best shot...its time to decide next~!....
Now m going to bed to cont and add in my 3hours of sleep last night....
was a really long day for me...all the way from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur...about 500-600km..
i want to sleep and sleep..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cunnya awek kazakh......

Isma

bicyclecrazy said...

lol..mmg cun....
tapi bau...wahlau ei

Fairoz Izni Abd Ghani said...

congrate.. train smart

bicyclecrazy said...

thank you tangan besi@coach
kekekeke

East Coast Cycling Team said...

Tahniah Amoi....dan team Selangor, Jumpa lain kali kena tabik lah, kan dah jadi navy....he.he.he...!!!